JUG members who have attended our meetings at least once in the past (plus few others that we know enough) have Author privileges and can add blog entries. Please feel free to add blog entries to your JUG site. Hope you enjoy it! :)
- The Blog entries can be written in English or in French.
- Please put the blog entry in the appropriate category. If you think a Forum Topic would be more appropriate in any given situation, please start a Forum Topic instead of writing a blog entry.
- The "Web Design & Hosting" Category can be used for any non-Joomla-related aspects. It is recommended that you add general web design articles, so a typical Montrealer who does a general search (e.g., "montreal website design" on Google), the article entries in our JUG site show up as well. This would lead to increased exposure and business for all involved with the Joomla CMS.
- It is OK to self-promote your services/products in the Blog entries. However, remember that the audience is the general Montrealer or a Montreal Joomla user. JUG members should not promote their services in a way that implies that the services of other JUG members are inferior to their own, in terms of quality, etc.
- Negative publicity against any person/company is not recommended, unless there is a very good reason for it. Use common sense. JUG admins reserve the right to intervene as they see fit in order to keep the overall experience positive.
- "Front-end editing" of blog entries is not possible in current installation (because of the conflict between K2 and JoomFish). Therefore, once you Save your Item (Blog Entry), if you open again the Item for editing, the changes will be saved only in the language that the site was on when you originally saved the Item. For example, if you are viewing the site in French and then you click on Add Item to add a blog entry, write and save the entry, then if you open the entry again, your changes will be viewed only when the site is viewed in French, i.e., your original entry will be viewed when the site is in English. There is currently no way to get around this problem. We suggest that you update your blog entry by adding Comments to the entry, or if important, ask the JUG admins to update your blog entry from the back-end. Another solution is that you delete the original Blog entry and post an updated one.
The above instructions will be updated as time goes by. Please report any problems in the comments section. We'd love to read your blog entries! :)